Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rutland Demolition Derby

On the Fourth of July, Dayna, Frank, Jon and I headed up to Rutland to check out the Demolition Derby. Apparently, they still have those, and for good reason. It was a great time. Dayna and I went in a bit skeptical of such a "red neck" event, but this is Vermont after all, and it ended up being one of the greatest things I've seen. The only rule is you can't hit the driver side door. Other than that, people just ram into each other until only one car is left running. Check out the video, and some pictures I got from the stands (wooden bleachers. Did we learn nothing from the Baker Bowl a century ago?) The fireworks at the fairgrounds afterwards topped off a great Vermont Fourth.











Follow me on Twitter @andrewensminger.

No comments:

Post a Comment